Wisdom from Chaplain Mike at InternetMonk:
[David] Manner is the Associate Executive Director for the Kansas-Nebraska Convention of Southern Baptists with responsibilities in the areas of Worship, Leadership and Administration. Before that he served in many congregations in worship and music ministry.
I like his list. A lot. I don’t agree with every point, and I don’t feel as strongly about some points as I do others. However, I think he’s captured a great deal of content in a nice, well-stated form that lends itself to discussion.
Here it is:
15 Worship Decisions We’ll Regret
1. Dividing congregations along age and affinity lines.
2. Eliminating choral expressions in worship.
3. Worship leader ageism.
4. Elevating music above Scripture, Prayer and the Lord’s Supper.
5. Making worship and music exclusively synonymous.
6. Trying to recreate worship with each new generation.
7. Ignoring the Christian Calendar and adopting the Hallmark Calendar.
View original post 91 more words