*We might be Gnostic if:
- We find ourselves talking about heaven as an escape from this world, especially if we don’t need a resurrection of our bodies
- We think that a happy marriage (or other successful Christian goal) is achieved by attending a special seminar and learning the “secrets”
- We think that taking care of this world (ecology) is a waste of time because it is going to hell in a hand basket anyway
- We think that the goal is to know about Jesus rather than follow him
- We spend all of our time in the New Testament, ignoring the Old Testament
Do you agree that these are good litmus tests for whether Christians have been influenced by Gnosticism?
Do you think most churches in America are influenced by Gnosticism?
*quoted from Rediscovering Jesus: An Introduction to Biblical, Religious, and Cultural Perspectives on Christ, p. 171. See my complete review of…
View original post 4 more words