A week from today I will be over at Biola’s campus for their 5th Annual Center for Christian Thought conference.
This year’s topic is “The Meaning of Love.” The conference will be exploring questions like:
- What is love?
- What are the ethical implications of Jesus’s love commands?
- What should be made of the Christian notion of enemy love?
- What can be learned from recent scientific work on love about intentional practices likely to conduce to a loving character?
- What light do ethical theories shed on the moral dimensions of love?
- What is the relationship between love and justice?
To top things off they have a great line up of keynote speakers including:
- George Hunsinger – “Agape and the Long Defeat”
- Nicholas Wolterstorff – “Love and Justice – and Beauty Too”
- Thomas Jay Oord – “Love’s Essential Aspects and Diverse Forms”
- Lynn G. Underwood – “Perspectives on Compassionate Love: Science, Spirituality…
View original post 174 more words