This post is not meant to be a comprehensive timeline of evangelicalism, but is meant to give a snapshot of the movement.
- Martin Luther on October 31, 1517 post the 95 these on the door of the church of Wittenburg which sparked the Protestant Reformation.
- John Calvin published the Institutes of the Christian Religion in 1536 in Geneva, and is viewed as the Theological grandfather of the Great Awakening.
- Jacobus Arminius published the Remonstrantiæ in 1610 in Holland which disputed some tenants of reformed theology. His views are held by many within the founders of evangelicalism, including John Wesley.
- John Williams started the first baptist church in America, but came to America on February 5, 1631. He declined a pastorship with his first church because they were still attached to the Church of England.
- Isaac Backus is considered the father of Baptist ecclesiology. He was a separatist and…
View original post 1,184 more words