This Spring Quarter, I am taking a Hebrew Reading course on the book of Psalms. Each week, we are required to translate one, pre-selected Psalm. This post contains a small snippet from my observations, notes, and translation of Psalm 100.
- 1a: A Song for Thanksgiving
- 1b: Raise a shout to Yahweh, all the land!
- 2a: Serve Yahweh in joy
- 2b: Come before him in exultation.
- 3a: Know that he is Yahweh // he is God
- 3b: He created us.
- 3c: And, indeed, we are his people // the sheep of his pasturage
- 4a: Come to its gates in thanksgiving, its courts in praise
- 4b: Laud praise to him
- 4c: Bless his name.
- 5: For
- 5a(1): Yahweh is good
- 5b(1): From Prehistory is his devotion
- 5a(2): generation unto generation
- 5b(2): and his steadfastness.
In following paragraphs, I will briefly attempt to make one point about the Psalm. Unlike what modern reading…
View original post 647 more words