I’m heading to Providence, Rhode Island for my first ETS/EPS Annual Meeting.
I will be presenting a paper titled: “Peter Martyr Vermigli’s Account of Petitionary Prayer: A Reformation Alternative to Contemporary Two-Way Contingency Accounts.” Basically I present a view of petitionary prayer which bucks contemporary trends and is faithful to classical theism and Reformed theology. You can see me present it on Thursday, 11am at the Omni as a part of the Evangelical Philosophical Society.
On another note here are a few sessions I’m looking forward to:
- Jonathan Rutledge -Wesleyan Sanctification and Purgatory: Solutions from the Philosophy of Time
- Joshua Farris – This is My Beloved Son Whom I Hate, A Critique of Penal Substitution
- William Lane Craig – Eleonore Stump’s of Reformation Penal Substitution Atonement Theories
- C. Stephen Evans – Why Reformation Christians Should Be catholic Christians
- Trinitarian Theology Panel – Sanders, McCall, Stamps,
- Engaging Diverse Views of the…
View original post 32 more words