Here are some important law-and-religion news stories from around the web:
- The Diocese of Brooklyn is paying out a $27.5 million settlement to four men who were sexually abused as children by a religion teacher paid by the diocese at St. Lucy’s-St. Patrick’s Church.
- A New Jersey town accused of discrimination against Orthodox Jews agreed not to enact an ordinance that would ban the building of religious boundaries made of white plastic piping.
- Parents of sexual abuse survivors filed a lawsuit Monday in Pittsburgh against Pennsylvania’s dioceses and their bishops, seeking disclosure of abuse allegation information.
- The Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs issued a directive instructing staff to take into account recent Supreme Court decisions, such as Masterpiece Cakeshop and Hobby Lobby, and Executive Orders that protect religious freedom.
- The European Court of Human Rights found that excluding a Belgian woman from the courtroom because she…
View original post 94 more words