I want wisdom. It is important to my daily walk with Jesus. I am called to be a learner (aka disciple).
Sometimes it helps, in understanding something, is to look and see what it is not. What is a fool and am I being foolish? Jesus wants me to be wise. He said so.
Didn’t Paul warn us? Yes, indeed he did. There is a lengthy warning about it all. Here is the nub of it.
Claiming to be wise, they became fools and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man, birds, four-footed animals, and reptiles. | Romans 1:22-23
The following is a partial list of some characteristics of a fool from the book of Proverbs:
- A fool hates knowledge (1:22)
- Takes no pleasure in understanding (18:2)
- Enjoys wicked schemes (Proverbs 10:23)
- Proclaims folly (Proverbs 12:23)
- Spurns a parent’s discipline (15:5)
View original post 301 more words