As a summary of previous posts, here are some guiding principles of effective apologetic discussions with unbelievers.
Apologetic encounters with unbelievers should be guided by the following principles:
- The goal of apologetics is to present the Christian faith confidently and with respect for and gentleness with the unbeliever.
- Even though you may feel fear, keep going! Fear is a sign you are doing something right.
- The goal is not to argue with the unbeliever, but to draw him out by asking questions that get to the heart of his belief system.
- The goal of the conversation is to challenge his objections and answer his questions so you can present the claims of Christ.
The Game Plan
Here are some of the tactics used when engaging unbelievers:
- As you share the truth of the gospel, take the time to learn what the non-Christian believes. Do this by asking good…
View original post 251 more words