Paul’s main point thus far in Romans 9 is:
- God’s purpose of election explains why God’s chosen rejected their Messiah.
This means a main objective of Paul…
- Is to zero in on the Jews who have rejected their Messiah – the vessel for dishonorable use.
- And to tell us exactly what God’s purpose-of-election-use is for them.
So what is God’s purpose-of-election-use for the dishonorable vessel?
- Last week we finally answered this question.
And Paul’s answer was quite jarring.
- “desiring to show his wrath…
- “…to make known his power…”
- “…to make known the riches of his glory…”
We saw two really important things in his answer.
- (1) God’s-Action=God-Knowing.
- (2) And the basics of God’s purpose-of-election-use for the dishonorable “the vessels of wrath”…